Install / Remove / Inspect aircraft fuel system, bladders, tubing / ducting, and components to facilitate other maintenance or for repair actions. Perform on-aircraft functional / operational checks to ensure fuel system serviceability. Troubleshoot fuel system malfunctions and affect repairs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Install / Remove aircraft fuel system, bladders, tubes / ducts, and components to Facilitate Other Maintenance (FOM) or for repair action.
2. Diagnoses and repairs fuel system malfunctions and performs functional / operational / leak checks, and on-equipment Dash-6 inspection requirements.
3. Perform phase, scheduled, unscheduled, periodic, and other hourly or calendar inspections.
4. Requisitions repair parts, materials, and consumable supplies through supply system.
5. Performs general housekeeping and FOD prevention duties.
6. Maintains effective working relationship with other employees.
7. Read and comprehend drawings, schematic diagrams, technical manuals, and Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTOs).
8. May be required to support other technical specialist outside of primary technical field, in support of program objectives and goals.
9. Responsible for maintaining accurate time accounting of work performed in real-time. Report any time discrepancies to supervisors.
10. Knowledgeable of occupational hazards and safety precautions and be able and willing to coach others in complying with program policies and procedures.
11. Reports any and all potential safety hazards, incidents, accidents, and other program concerns to supervisor. Wears program identified personal protective equipment.
12. Perform additional duties as directed by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS / LICENSES
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of formal technical school.
- Must be able get certified to wear a full face respirator.
- Minimum seven (7) years fighter / tactical aircraft fuel system maintenance experience.
- Must have experience working in confined spaces.
- Must possess computer skills (e.g. Microsoft excel, word, etc.) and be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.