Performs a variety of tasks to support program electrical modifications. Aircraft Electrical Specialist has the responsibility of removing, replacing, modifying, and maintaining the electrical systems of an airplane. Performs inspections, testing, troubleshooting, correct identified deliverable discrepancies, review of program policies and procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for maintaining accurate time accounting of work performed in real-time. Report any time discrepancies to supervisors.
2. Troubleshooting the wiring of the electrical systems of the aircraft. You would have to repair, remove, modify or install the wiring, as per the requirements..
3. Assembling and routing the cables and wires on the aircraft or the weapon systems.
4. Demonstrates effective maintenance, troubleshooting skills, and repairs using trade related standard tools and test equipment.
5. Follows safety standards, practices and techniques..
6. Identifies and initiates the documentation of nonconforming material, tools, parts, or work accomplished.
7. Attends program initiated training, until management deems individual qualified to enter production. Will be routed through program retaining training program as required.
8. Maintains a clean work area and adheres strictly to program policies and procedures and the lean 5S methodology.
9. Performs other duties and projects assigned by Production Managers.
10. Maintains effective working relationship with other employees.
11. Reports any and all potential safety hazards, incidents, accidents, and other program concerns to supervisor.
12. Wears program identified personal protective equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS & LICENSES
- Must have graduated high school or equivalent.
- Completion of formal technical schools a plus.
- Minimum seven (7) years on-aircraft electrical maintenance experience.
- Fixed wing aircraft experience, commercial aircraft a plus.