Performs a variety of tasks to support program mechanical efforts. May perform inspections, testing, troubleshooting, correct identified deliverable discrepancies, review of program policies and procedures, and assisting sheet metal and electrical counterparts. Supports the set-up and disassembly of equipment and tooling.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for maintaining accurate time accounting of work performed in real-time. Report any time discrepancies to supervisors.
2. May perform troubleshooting and repair of discrepancies identified through inspection.
3. Demonstrates effective maintenance, troubleshooting skills, and repairs using trade related standard tools and test equipment.
4. Follows safety standards, practices and techniques.
5. Identifies and initiates the documentation of nonconforming material, tools, parts, or work accomplished.
6. Attends program initiated training, until management deems individual qualified to enter production. Will be routed through program retaining training program as required.
7. Maintains a clean work area and adheres strictly to program policies and procedures and the lean 5S methodology.
8. Performs other duties and projects assigned by Production Managers.
9. Maintains effective working relationship with other employees.
10. Reports any and all potential safety hazards, incidents, accidents, and other program concerns to supervisor.
11. Wears program identified personal protective equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS / LICENSES
- High School or equivalent
- Completion of formal technical school.
- Minimum five (5) years aircraft maintenance experience.
- Fixed wing aircraft experience, commercial aircraft a plus.