Consult on legal provisions within contracts, including identifying potential legal and business issues. Works with the legal team, key business stakeholders and operational experts to resolve issues encountered.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Follow-up government laws and regulations that affect the function of the company. And give accurate and timely counsel to department in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures etc.)
2. Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights.
3. Review contracts to assure their concurrence with rules and regulation of the kingdom.
4. Provide advice and opinions on legal issues and risks and refer complex or urgent matters for external advice where appropriate.
5. Monitor compliance with Alsalam’s legal processes and policies.
6. Provide legal opinion in legal question raised by company department.
7. Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.) creating relations of trust.
8. Review proposals and summarize contractual obligations and associated risks and determine
the level of risk, and develop contracting strategies to mitigate Alsalam’s exposure to this risk.
9. Review terms and condition that are associated with purchase order, contracts, and service request.
10. Handles tender/RFP process from the beginning to end; forming and issuing tender/RFP packages, tracking and closing queries, receiving and evaluating proposals, and providing recommendations for award.
11. Coordinate with all functions in identifying, developing and implementing improvements in response to legal requirements, legislation changes and company policy requirement.
12. Responsible for reporting ad escalating risks, legal issues and best practices to Manager Contract & Legal Affairs.
13. Liaising and collaborating effectively with various departmental and providing day to day guidance and interpretation on legal, compliance, commercial and business risks whilst maintain a proactive and pragmatic approach.
14. Performs all other duties assigned by the Manager Contracts & Legal Affairs or the Supervisor.
Qualifications / Licenses:
Bachelor of Law or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of proven work experience as Associate or Legal Specialist; or
- Minimum 4 years of proven work experience as Joiner Legal Specialist
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Fluent in English and Arabic (both oral & written)
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task, particularly when working under pressure andto tight deadlines.