Complete aircraft and equipment wash/strip/paint operations to include corrosion evaluation, removal, treatment, paint, stripping, primer application, repainting with protective coating and installation decals and logos.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Utilize approved procedures to remove paint and corrosion from complete aircrafts, panels, parts and assemblies, treat/prime as required and paint with pressure, airless electrostatic spray equipment.
2. Assembly, hook-up, maintain and operate special tools and ground support equipment as required to accomplish required task.
3. Assure work performance meets aviation regulatory standards and is in accordance with approved technical data.
4. Documentation of all work performed in accordance with approval inspection procedures manual.
5. Ensures all tooling and equipment utilized during maintenance and repairs are accounted for.
6. Complies with housekeeping, safety and foreign objects damage programs.
Ø Competencies (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities)
- Knowledge of properties of various paints, finishes and paint removers
- Strong hand eye coordination and proficiency in using tools
- Sufficient physical strength and dexterity to climb on aircraft and manipulate painting equipment
- Knowledge of use, handling and disposal of hazardous materials
- Please refer to Alsalam competency profile.